Selling Your Orlando Area Home?
The 6 Most Common Mistakes Sellers Make:
1. Know the true value of your home. If you ask too much it will more than likely sit on the market for longer than you are willing to wait. It’s not difficult for someone to find out what you paid for the house and what it is worth. Today your house is only worth what the market is willing to pay. If your home is more expensive than similar homes in your neighborhood less buyers will be attracted to look at it. If your home sits for a longer period of time buyers will start to thing there may be something wrong with the home. Price your home correctly from the beginning as it will save you time and money.
2. Let the buyer have a comfortable experience in the home. It is important that anyone looking at your home will have a positive first impression. Skip the “hard sell” during the showing, as buying a new home is an emotional decision. Let the buyer feel free to walk around and be comfortable in the home. Let the buyers see for themselves why this home is a good fit for their needs.
3. Sell your home with a trusted Realtor. Selling or buying a home one of the largest financial transaction you will ever make. A Real Estate transaction can be very extensive and complex and it is important to have someone familiar with this process on your side. If you don’t have a properly written contract you could actually cost yourself more money in the long run. By hiring a realtor you’ll likely find a buyer sooner – when using a Realtor you gain far more exposure than just a For Sale By Owner sign on your lawn, or having an open house – open houses leads to a sale often less than 1% of the time.
4. Don’t ignore the web – It always frustrates me when sellers or even agents don’t take the time to take proper photographs of your property. Often times pictures will be the first thing a new homebuyer will see when purchasing a home, and its their first impression of the property. Take the time to clean up your home, and de-clutter before taking photos or having photos taken professionally. With todays focus on the internet more people are shopping for homes online and through mobile apps. Today there are over 23 million homes viewed on Zillow mobile real estate app every month.
5. Taking the first offer seriously – Something many sellers don’t do. When individuals decide to sell their homes it sometimes takes time to get an offer, and other times it can happen quickly. When that first offer comes in the sellers often think that there will be others to follow it, and sometimes they do, other times it may take a significant amount of time.
6. Choosing the wrong Realtor – As we previously mentioned selling your home is one of the largest financial transactions you will have in your lifetime. Make sure you sign with a trusted Realtor that has the experience and knowledge to help sell your home effectively. At Central Florida Prime Real Estate have well over 20 years of combined experience in the Central Florida area. Let us help you through the complexity of the paperwork and get your home sold effectively and efficiently. It would be our pleasure to represent you the next time you sell your home.
7. Planning for the future- If you are waiting to sell your home and are wanting an attorney’s advice on wills, trusts & estate planning contact your local attorney.